Wednesday, March 18, 2009

W said something I don't hate !?!?!?

excerpt from Chicago Trib onlime:
by Mark Silva

Rush Limbaugh may want Barack Obama to fail.

And Dick Cheney may say the new president has put the nation at greater risk with his approach to foreign policy.

But former President George W. Bush, in his debut on the speaker's circuit, isn't saying anything of the kind about his successor.

"I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him,'' the former president said Tuesday in Calgary - the Canadian oil capital and so-called "Texas of the North'' -- delivering his first speech since leaving office in January. "There are plenty of critics in the arena,'' Bush said. "He deserves my silence.''

Bush plans to write a book about the 12 toughest decisions he made in office. He wants Obama to succeed in office, sayng it's important that Obama have his predecessor's support.

"I love my country a lot more than I love politics," Bush said. "I think it is essential that he be helped in office."


good on ya George!

No comments: