Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Diane Miller

So someone who was my very best friend for a while in my youth googled me and tracked me down. We did not part on the best of terms although I don't know if she would think of it that way but she screwed me over.

We had dinner last night - it was fun and lasted 2 1/2 hours. She brought pix of our wild and crazy young days (18-21 ish). I got to pick some out and keep them. Wish I had that waistline!!!!

Diane would like to meet again and probably on a regular basis. I'm not sure but we will see.

Talking with Diane last night made me think about some things and I am SO THANKFUL for all of you that read this blog (and those that don't). No matter what crap I had going on or how low I felt I always knew that I had friends and family that loved me and cared about me - even if I didn't show it or let you in.

I am fortunate for many things - some people don't even have family that gives a rats patoot.

Now don't tease me for showing emotion or it might not happen again ;)

3 comments:

Mama Kautz said...

:::sniff::: GROUP HUG :) and I don't even know you that well...but we are still family

Anonymous said...

Total Group Hug! Heidi

Carrie said...

where's your Top Chef spoiler??? I waited til now to read your blog - for fear of ruining the fnale - and i see nothing?!?!?!

:) :)

PS - you made me worried that Lisa was going to win!!