Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve

I am off until Jan 2nd - but I worked about an hour today and will do the same on Fri. On-call til 1 so my day is almost done - and no calls. Yesterday I went to the Dr and found out I am actually 5'4" - not 5' 3 1/2" like I always thought - funny. I got taller just in time to shrink - maybe my yoga phase paid off :) But I am getting back on the exercise band wagon. I had 5 tubes of blood drawn this morn -so far I have not been diagnosed as diabetic but I've been pre for a couple years. They are also checking my b12 becsaue of Heidi's results and Michele also had low b12. Dr wants me to be serious about weight loss for 6 months - visit her every two months and see what I need help with - been a couple years since I was serious about it. I just changed to this Dr and I REALLY LIKE her!

I don't really want gastric bypass and only started thinking about it because Heidi is. So now I have to devise a plan I can live with - I like to exercise so am going to put more focus at that to start and then incorporate eating changes. Maybe do Seattle Sutton every other week or something. I didn't really like Weight Watchers although it does work. The food part sucks - cuz I love food and FLAVOR - chicken and broccoli don't cut it although you can lose tons on it. How can I have a spicy, flavorful, healthy diet? Cumin on my veggies? Any recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Tonight we are having our little family Christmas with Potbelly sandwiches for supper and gift opening around 6. Tomorrow at Micheles - Heidi and I are going over early to help cook.

Maybe everyday I should blog what I ate - that would make me pay attention! But do I want to be that honest about my oops :) cuz there will be days! Stay tuned - could be exciting.

My new treat is this - pure pumpkin mixed with sugar free vanilla pudding - it is good and filling and fairly healthy! Need to make more.

Carrie - we need to get together over the next week!!

Love and HAPPY HOLIDAYS/MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yes! Let's gather! I have tons of SKINS on my DVR waiting for you!